Sunday, May 21, 2006

Yard Sale Fever

One of my best yard sale finds is a swing set for the kids, it is one of the big cedar sets with a fort, slide, swings, etc. We rented a truck and picked it up yesterday. It took 7 adults to take it down, and reassemble it. But we finished pretty quickly and the kids couldn't be more excited. Danny figured out the swing really quickly and he loves it. He also loves the slide but the ladder is steep and hard for him to climb so we have to lift him still. We think we will make a stair like ladder. It was a great deal and such a good find. My husband thinks I have gone totally insane. I am still on the hunt for things for my MIL's house. I have widdled the list down to one more twin bed and a video game system of some sort reasonably priced. I can't believe the deals that I have found. The only problem is that as I yard sale I found great deals for my house too. When we moved we got rid of most everything so I am starting from fresh, but the house is filling up fast now thanks to yard sales. I have to say they yard sale very different from CA. Yard sales here start on Wed for one thing. It seems so strange but there are always a lot of people at them. Also they have evening yard sales, sometimes they don't even start until 5 pm. If the ad in the paper says subdivision yard sale you definetly want to go there. We went to one with 65 houses having sales, you can park and walk yard to yard. It is so cool. Then the next day we went to one with 50 houses. You can find good deals too since they are competing with each other. Lastly, no one yard sales on Sunday. It is reserved for church. The best part of yard sales: I am really learning my way around the area. It is so cool!!

No comments: