Monday, May 22, 2006

No Fences


I hope the photo works. I have been having trouble with adding photos for a while, so I hope this works. This is a photo of my large lilac bush. I love not having a fence. I can never imagine having said that in CA. I never know what will come wandering through the yard. Last week we had a dozen wild turkeys. Yesterday it was a deer. Of course they all seem to be attracted to my strawberry plants. It is so strange to just have things wander through. We also have had bunnies, squirrels, chipmunks, every bird imaginable and a skunk. I am sure that there will be more. We are very close to a wildlife preserve. It is amazing how much our lives have changed and the things that are becoming normal to us. I would definetly say we are settling in nicely. Danny today asked if he could go to "his park". He meant the new swing in the backyard, but our yard is like a park in many ways and I love it. My peonies are about to bloom. I can't wait. I have been anxiously awaiting their arrival. It is going to be so cool to finally find out what color they are. I have a dozen very large plants of them. I also have irises ready to bloom any day, I am also anxious to find out what color they are. It is like waiting to have a baby and find out if you are having a boy or a girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I can almost smell the lilacs!

My peonies are ready to bloom too. And my irises are blooming now too!

How cute about Danny wanting to "go to the park." :)

Donnann Tritten said...

Thanks Stacie!! My first peonies bloomed today and they are hot pink!! They are beautiful.