Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Lilacs

It is like Christmas here everyday except instead of presents it is the blooming of a new flower or tree. We still don't know what a lot of them are but I do know that I have a lilac bush in the front yard that is as big as an SUV. It is covered in beautiful lavender colored lilacs. They smell like heaven. Everytime I walk up or down the driveway the fragrance of lilacs overwhelms my senses. Sometimes I just stand there and drink in the smell. When the blooms open a little more I am going to cut some and bring them in the house. I love them.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Lucky girl - I love lilac too. How wonderful that you get to experience your garden for the first time in Spring. Hope you find lots more treasures in the garden

Menjiness said...

Where is the picture? I want to see the big SUV bush!!!!