Saturday, March 04, 2006

Why oh why?

Why do grandparents think that it is ok to cut their grandchildren's hair without asking their parents first? Today I took Madison to get her school physical so she can go to school here. Dan was upstairs painting while his mom was watching Danny. She decided to cut Danny's hair, without even asking his father who was right upstairs. Anyone that truly knows me, knows how I feel about Danny's hair. He has the most gorgeous blond surfer hair that I have ever seen and I can't believe that beautiful child came from me. It is long and a little unruly but it is beautiful and looks like he has been playing on the beach. I don't care what other people say I like it that way. I trim his bangs enough to keep them out of his eyes. Now the poor child has a very unstraight nerdy looking bowl cut. When I walked in my house and saw the plastic bag of hair sitting on my counter my heart sank to my knees. I just knew what happened without even seeing it. 2 years ago the same thing happened with Madison's hair. I had to have emergency surgery and my mom was watching Madison. While she was watching her she cut about 6 inches off Madison's beautiful long hair without asking me or Dan. Why do they think this is ok? Tonight I am mourning the loss of my son's beautiful locks and praying that they will grow back just as beautiful as before.

4 comments:

Menjiness said...

Oh that breaks my heart! She had NO right to do that. I really hope you told her off.... :(

Veronica said...

:O Oh my!!! That's terrible! Bad grandparents! Really, that is over stepping the line...

Hopefully it will grow back quickly.

Mel said...

OMG... I so can understand..(of course now more after my incident)... your heart really does break.
I don't care that it grows back..
:(
Empress4

Stephanie said...

Keep in mind that Grandparents do things they think their own kids should be doing. Mark my words you too will someday make decisions that later you'll regret. It was only hair and Madison's hair was easier to comb out and Danny looked like a little boy instead of everyone remarking what a cute girl he was. These are the small things in life. I think it's time to forgive and forget.