Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Darn Dog Finally Listened

Well tonight it finally happened.... Chopper finally listened to me. We returned from our errands and I let the dogs out to potty. I saw her run to the back of the yard and I saw something moving back there. I could tell it was limping and I wasn't sure what it was at first. I called the dog right away because I don't want her to catch it and get bit. She turned around and ran back to the house just as the varment raised it's unmistakable tail. Yup it was a skunk and Chopper just barely missed getting sprayed. I can't believe that when it was the most important time she actually listened. I can't believe the skunk missed her. What a relief... except of course the skunk was still out there. I called animal control because it was hurt and I don't want to worry about it being out there. They were on their way out when they called me back. The neighbor had just killed an injured skunk (I am assuming and praying it is the same one). That is one brave person.

No comments: