Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentines Day

Well it was definetly a different kind of Valentines Day at our house this year. I started my day by shoveling 6 inches of frozen snow off the driveway and walkway. I was definetly "Bringing Sexy Back" in Dan's blue work coveralls (they are ugly but warm). Next I was off to the Girl Scout cookie warehouse to pick up 95 cases of cookies. The truck was late getting there and we (me and our troop leader) to pull our own cases, put them on a pallet, have it moved to a loading dock and then load it into a mini van and my jeep. Did I mention there was about a foot of snow that you had to stand in on the lower part of the loading dock. We brought the cookies all back to my house and lugged the 95 cases into my house. Spent the afternoon sorting them and then had all the parents come and pick them. So I helped them carry cases to their cars and carried cases for the 3rd time that day. By the way Thin Mints are the heaviest case of cookie! I definetly have never done that on Valentines Day before.

We did have a nice dinner at the house and tonight I am going to see George Strait (yes Heidi thats for you since I know your reading) and Ronnie Milsap is opening for him, thanks to my very generous husband!!

Madison enjoyed Valentines day at school. Her dad told her they had to throw away all the Valentines from boys though. She just laughed. She got quite a candy hall from her classmates.

Danny received a heart shaped box of chocolates with a train on the front and he was in 7th Heaven over his Valentine. He ate all 4 pieces in one sitting and walked around all day saying Happy Valentines Day. It was sooo cute.

No comments: