Monday, February 26, 2007

Alarm Clock

We've had an issue all year with Madison not wanting to get up in the morning and get dressed for school. I take most of the blame for allowing it to go on too long. But I couldn't just send her to school in her pjs now could I? Last week at parent teacher conference I asked the teacher that very question. I explained the difficulty we were having and asked what she would do if I sent Madison to school in her pjs. She told me she would completely understand. Whew that was a relief!! So we put our new plan into action. We set up a sticker chart for Madison to get a sticker for every morning she gets up and gets herself dressed. She will get a small reward at the end of each chart and a trip to the Dells at the end of the school year when she completes 4 charts. We also bought her an alarm clock. I don't know why didn't I think of this earlier. Since we started last week she has gotten herself up every day and I have not had to send her to school in her pjs. Well its a small victory, but a victory none the less!!!

2 comments:

Menjiness said...

The stupid alarm clock is a wonderful thing. No more hey time to get up, get up, I said get up! Works in our home too :)

Anonymous said...

You write very well.