Sunday, April 09, 2006

Gardening

Most people find gardening therapeutic. I am not most people... I don't like getting my hands dirty. I never have. When we lived in CA, I had maybe 3 rose bushes that I took care of, a tree that I on occasion trimmed and a lawn that I paid someone else to mow. I didn't even have 1 house plant. Well we live in the Midwest now and we have an acre of land. The people that owned the house previously definetly liked gardening. There are flower beds everywhere. Most are empty, except for the massive piles of leaves and sticks that I have been slowly cleaning up now that we have had a few days over 50 degrees. But of course there are quite a few flowerbeds full of bulbs. I have tulips, irises, crocuses and a bunch of stuff I have no clue what it is, coming up. So guess what I have been doing...gardening. No one lived in the house in the fall when all the beds should have been cleaned up, so they are full of dead stuff. I keep picking out dead stuff and uncovering more and more flowers. In the back of the field today while raking up massive piles of sticks and leaves we discovered wild strawberries, raspberries and blackberries. Not just a few either... tons of them. Guess what I will be doing more of...yup...gardening. I have a dozen empty flower beds, so guess what I will be doing even more of.... yup...gardening. My daughter and husband want me to plant a pumpkin patch...so guess what I will doing even more of...yup...gardening. I guess I better figure out how to find gardening therapeutic or it might kill me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a gardener! This year I won't be planting or doing much at all due to the "project". So I will come by you for my "fix".

Menjiness said...

Oh my! LOL. That is so funny. But just think how pretty everything will look once you are done and everything is blooming....

PICTURES! We want pictures!