Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Moving

Well the movers are coming today (since it is after midnight). I have very mixed emotions, it is my last night in our house. It is the only home my children have ever known. Our new home is going to be incredible but it is also sad to leave this one behind.

The kids and I are taking a mini vacation before we leave for Illinois. We are spending a few days down at Disneyland and CA Adventure for our last local trip. I have booked a Lilo and Stitch Character breakfast and lunch at Ariel's Grotto with the princesses. We usually don't spend the night in a hotel since we live so close but we are splurging and staying in a Kids Suite at a nearby hotel. I haven't told the kids yet. I am saving it as a big surprise. I hope it will take a little of the sting out of leaving their friends and family.
I am not sure what will take the sting out for me. The closer it comes the more emotional I am feeling about leaving my family and friends behind.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Good Luck with the move and have fun at Disneyland!

Empress4

Veronica said...

I hope Disneyland was just the thing to send you off on your grand adventure to a new state/home/climate/life. It is a big change and you will be leaving people behind - but it is also a new beginning. Let us know when you are settled in your new home.

Hugs...Veronica

shirley said...

Good luck with the move - I understand how emotional that can be.

shirley